I cannot tell you how excited I was to hear that Joel Salatin newest book had been released. I’m literally jumping for joy! Folk’s This Ain’t Normal: A Farmer’s Advice for Happier Hens, Healthier People and a Better World hit the shelves on Monday. I’m not sure if there is a fan-club for Joel, but there should be. I am emphatically a Polyface Farm fanatic! We were first introduced to Joel Salatin’s fast talking “Christian libertarian environmentalist capitalist lunatic Farmer” ideologies by watching the documentary Food, Inc. I have been following him ever since. A Heinz Award recipient, Joel fills his days with what he calls “beyond organic” farming, lecturing and is the author to eight (8) books and two (2) CDs (to my knowledge). If you were to ask me to name the top five influential and innovative people of the 21st Century, Joel Salatin would be at the top of the list. In fact, the word innovator doesn’t even begin to describe the genius that is Joel Salatin. If you haven’t had the pleasure of listening, reading or learning about this symbiotic cycle savant, allow me to provide a few stepping-stones.
- Folk’s This Ain’t Normal: A Farmer’s Advice for Happier Hens, Healthier People and a Better World
- You Can Farm: The Entrepreneur”s Guide to Start and Succeed in a Farming Enterprize
- Pastured Poultry Profits
- Salad Bar Beef
- Everything I Want to Do Is Illegal: War Stories from the Local Food Front
- The Sheer Ecstasy of Being a Lunatic Farmer
- Family Friendly Farming: A Multi-Generational Home-Based Business Testament
- Holy Cows and Hog Heaven: The Food Buyer’s Guide to Farm Friendly Food
- Getting Your Hands Dirty: How to Teach Your Children to Love Work
- Tilling the Soil: Cultivating an Entrepreneurial Vision in Your Family
- Polyface Farm
- Michael Pollan on Joel Salatin’s Polyface Farm
- Polyface Farm Pt.1
- Polyface Farm Pt.2
- Polyface Farm Pt.3
I apologize for the links on the videos. We tried for two days to insert the video directly into the post. For whatever reason we were unsuccessful. If you like what you see, I encourage you to continue on by searching Joel Salatin or Polyface Farm on youtube.com.
Let the journey begin.